Thursday 3 February 2011

A little bit of nostalgia.


When I a kid, I went through all the usual phases of wanting to be a princess or a fairy or an acrobat, but when I was 7, I wanted to be an author and illustrator. It's kind of weird that at such a young age, I knew I wanted to be an illustrator - I just then went through a tangled route of other ambitions to get back to the start. Anyway, I was digging through some old stuff the other day and look what I found - my very first children's book! I wrote it when I was exactly 7 3/4, according to the very detailed 'about me' section inside the front cover. I actually remember sitting at the big desk in the living room and making it, then tying it all together with pink wool. Despite the hideous yellow of the cover, I thought I'd post it - a little bit of thursday night nostalgia.



The story is all about four little girls, whose school play ends in total disaster. To be honest, I do quite admire my attention to detail - I even included a price and a barcode! I'm not sure the fellas at Ladybird Books would be overly impressed at the crude attempt of their logo though. :]

2 comments:

  1. i wanted to be an author and a illustrator when i was 8! i asked santa for a typewriter and spent hours creating tales and then illustrating them!
    this is my blog :)
    http://fizzmode.blogspot.com
    and flickr
    http://flickr.com/solsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love that you added a barcode. that makes this awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your messages, and read every single one, so you can guarantee that if you leave me a comment, it will really make my day! ♥ Thank you, I hope you have a happy day. :]